The Tri-Blade Shifter is one of the many weapons that can be acquired in the Nightmare. It can be purchased from the Green Golem, MANAGER SUPREME, or Rising Waters at a price of 15,000,000 gold. It can also be acquired as a possible reward from the Guttermouth Cells.
Similar to the Blade of the Throne, its ability changes the way it attacks. It has three stances, changing from a sword to a spear and then a drifting weapon. When changing stances, the sword makes a sweet jingle. It also has a cooldown of 2 seconds.
In this stance, the color of the blade's edges is purple. Attacking in this form swings the blade from side to side with a similar animation with swords such as the Demon Greatsword, dealing 530 damage per hit. Because of its swinging range, it is useful for crowd control. Swinging consumes 2-3 stamina points per swing. The delay of each swing takes around 1-2 seconds before it can be used again. This form cannot hit small enemies properly.
In this stance, the color of the blade's edges is green. When the player attacks in this form, dealing 570 damage to enemies hit. This form deals more damage and can reach farther than the blade stance in a straight line. Swinging consumes 2-3 stamina points per swing. The delay of each swing takes around 1-2 seconds before it can be used again.
In this stance, the color of the blade's edges is yellow. It can be used for traveling just like the Funky Driftlander, though its stamina consumption is much higher. This form does 320 damage, and acts slightly differently to the Funky Driftlander, as players who collide with an entity will stop. The more the player charge it, the more damage it deals. If the player drifts for ~2.4 seconds or longer, an explosion occurs upon collision with an enemy, dealing an additional 900 damage.
- The weapon appeared in a cover of one of the teasers for the Ratboy's Nightmare Update.
- It is the only weapon with three stances, or forms in-game as of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update.
- The drift stance eats much more stamina than the Funky Driftlander does, but at the same time, does more damage.
- Despite the backlash, it is the only weapon capable of doing three variants of attack, effectively making room for other equipment like spellbooks, guns, etc. In addition, it has a huge hitbox allowing the piercing mode to hit mobs from a quite long distance.
- During the Balance Update [v1.31], the Tri-Blade Shifter had its Blade Stance base damage was increased to 530, Spear Stance base damage increased to 570, and Drift Stance base damage increased to 320.