"Where the trees are white; the days are bright.
but when the night is aware, beware the looming hare."The Pits are a series of large ravines, crevasses and various rough, uneven terrain located inside Celestial Peak, near The Town of Right and Wrong. It mostly consists of columns of rock from the bottom layer, holding up rough, uneven grassy terrain, creating small ravines which are connected by brown vines, with the holes just big enough for the sunlight to shine down on the bottom, rock layer.
The Pits are mainly home to fairytale-based creatures of pastel colors, such as the Munsk. The Pits consists of many trees of white, blue, lime and occasionally pink, which are all subdued pastel colors. The Primeval Genie seems to be the only monster not with a subdued color, as it wears dark green.
Down under the bottom layer of The Pits lies the Pit Depths, an underground opening that structures within it the Magma Brain, a powerful boss which, according to game sources, is the primary source of volcanic complications in The Pits. Defeating it awards the Magma Brain Core and may also grant an Inferno Hammer.
Use the map for further reference.The Pits are smothered inside Celestial Peak, located NW of The Town of Right and Wrong.
The Pits share borders with the Great Pine Forest, Celestial Peak, The Rolling Road, Petrified Grassland, A Frontier Of Dragons and The Maze Wood. It doesn't border the Abandoned Orchard as there is a noticeable gap between them as seen with the map.
Some listed harvestables may also be found in Celestial Peaks, near The Pits.
|"These small mushrooms emit a pleasant amount of light."||700 G||Uncommon|
|"What a strange, strange flower. This flower seems tainted with a madman's touch."||2,200 G||Uncommon|
|"This rare mushroom is as hard as a rock. Gnomes are fond of using them as flying discs. Only Gnome wizards can afford to buy or find these rare mushrooms."||2,700 G||Uncommon|
|"A rare mushroom that is said to have explosive properties."||3,000 G||Uncommon|
|"'You ate me!' Shouted the Gorbacabbage, unhappy from being eaten like a common Plumbo."||5,000 G||Rare|
|"This unsettling mushroom bounces around in your inventory."||9,500 G||Very rare|
|"A lonely flower. Even without water or sunlight, these strange flowers can seem to grow anywhere."||5,900 G||Very rare|
|"The large and mysterious rings of the primeval genie. While the rings are seemingly made of gold, they are weightless."||6,500 G|
|"Gazing into the eye of monstrosity is said to grant great and powerful knowledge of events future and past."
"What a creepy, horrid looking clock. It ticks on silently. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Tick tock. Beware the looming hare."
|6,500 G'''''40,000 G|
|"A pack of delicious sugar-free bubble gum."||5,000 G|
|"A ghostly chunk of corrupted essence."||4,400 G|
|"The bony chompers of the Munsk. A strange creature of the pits, the Munsk is not to be underestimated."||4,800 G|
|"The spooky nose of the Whisperer. Nothing important or good is ever said in mumbled whispers."||3,500 G|
|"A set of documents containing classified information regarding the ratboy and his deeds."||10,000 G|
- Do not confuse The Pits with Pit Depths.
- Gumbo, which spawns here, only spawns in the night, but will not despawn at day.
- Harvestables that are be found here may also be found in the Celestial Peaks near here.
- Use a Mushroom Parasol to glide through the ravines with ease.
- It is not recommended to walk over the brown, thick vines that connect the lands, as you will fall because of the MaxSlopeAngle property.
- It is not recommended to hunt for Harvestables here, but rather in Celestial Peak, as there is a wider variety of plants there.
- Farming the Golem is not recommended, as they have more health than the giants.
- Gliding off the top of Celestial Peak with a Mushroom Parasol will cover lots of land.
- Using items that boost your sight range will help when navigating the bottom layer.
- The Pits are home to many pastel-fairy-like creatures, as well as trees. In comparison, Frigid Waste may be its counterpart, as the waste contains villain-based creatures and dead trees.
- The Pits are the biggest map section in the game.
- The Pits may be a reference to The Hallowed in Terraria, as The Pits contain the Munsk, a monster similar to the unicorn that spawns in Terraria's biome The Hallowed.