- Alias: Chewed, Nightmare Gumbo, 'Democan's Chewing Gum', Yeller
The Chewed is a hostile enemy that's rarely found in The Nightmare, although can make its appearance in several places, such as The Mansion and The Road. They share a strikingly similar appearance and behavior to a Gumbo.
There are two attacks that the Chewed can perform:
- Flurry of Punches: The Chewed makes a horrible noise and punches wildly towards its target.
- Spring Punch: The Chewed extends its arms like a spring to hit their targets from afar.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the The Chewed. Any claims of "missing items" that The Chewed could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Remnants of Chewing
- 10% chance for Dream Mushroom
- 1% chance for 2 Dream Dusts
- 0.1% chance for Noble Blue Seed
- 0.1% chance for 2 Nightmare Seeds
One strategy to kill The Chewed is by trapping it in rooms and/or objects that prohibits the Chewed from moving any further. From there, players can use long-ranged melee weapons, ranged weapons, and/or magic weapons to quickly eliminate the Chewed.
If you find The Chewed on The Road, the players should lead it off of the road and into the void areas. From there, the players can walk back on the Road and it will be unable to reach the players.
- The Chewed resembles similar to that of the Democan's heads.
- They can be seen earlier on in The Nightmare, usually trapped in rooms of The Mansion.
- Unlike the Gumbos of the Frontier, it cannot jump.