The Staff of Dreams is one of the many weapons that can be acquired on the island of Matumada. It can be purchased from the Construct at a price of 13,000,000 gold or 15,000,000 gold. Other viable methods of acquiring the Staff of Dreams include the following:
- A 'rare' drop from the Cosmic Ghost.
- A possible 'rare' drop from First Knight
- A possible reward from one of Giant Toad's Tasks.
The Staff of Dreams is a staff carved from mystical wood. The staff wraps around a glowing purple cube of magical energy at one end. Besides that, not much can be said about its appearance.
When equipped, the Staff of Dreams will consume 2 stamina to summon a large orb of white magical energy to launch at enemies, capable of traveling through walls or barriers. This attack can be charged for 2.5 seconds to do extra damage at no cost to stamina, and receives 40% to 170% of magic bonuses depending on how long it is charged. At minimum charge the Staff of Dreams will deal 160 base damage to anything the orb hits, and at maximum charge it will deal 320 base damage.
The special ability of the Staff of Dreams is titled "Bolt of Dreams," which, upon activation, will use 0 stamina to summon a lightning bolt of mystical energies to strike the area in front of the player, launching the user back a small distance. The lightning bolt will deal a base damage of 700 to anything it hits, and will use 310% of magic bonuses. The special ability's cooldown lasts for 10 seconds before it can be used again.
- During the Balance Update [v1.31], the Staff of Dreams' basic attack bonus was increased from 30% to 40% (at minimum charge), from 150% to 170% (at maximum charge), and its special attack bonus was increased from 270% to 310%.
- The Staff of Dreams is featured in one of Fantastic Frontier’s thumbnails.
- While it is charging, the projectile grows in size until it is released.
- When charging, the projectile will extend the players hitbox. This means that mobs who can hit the orb as it charges will also deal damage to the player.
- There is a glitch that makes the player fully charge up another orb after repeatedly casting non-charged orbs regardless of whether or not the player switched weapons.
- It is possible for the player to deal over 2665 damage in a single hit using the Bolt of Dreams with the maximum magic damage bonus possible of 634 (with Fish of Rage). However, as this setup is very lacking in defense and walkspeed, it is not recommended to use it.
- Eyeball of Reckoning Ultradagger's ability to lower enemy's defense would also additionally increase the damage to over 2955 damage points.