The Rusted Coin Scythe is one of the many weapons that can be acquired in the Frontier. It can be purchased from the Otherworldly Weaponsmith in The Town of Right and Wrong at a price of 2,200,000 gold. Other viable methods of acquiring the Rusted Coin Scythe include but are not limited to:
- Killing a Dark Ghost as a rare drop from the mob.
- A possible reward from the Firefly Quest.
- A possible reward from the Grand Treasure Chest.
- A possible gift from the Otherworld Present.
In appearance, the coin scythe is made from many metal coins that were put together in shape of a huge scythe. Over time, the powerful scythe has rusted as the description implies. Even though the once glittering golden scythe has become very rusted, it still holds immense power far beyond any other scythe in the game.
The normal attack of the Rusted Coin Scythe consumes around 3-4 stamina points per swing. The delay of each swing takes around 1-2 seconds before another swing can be performed. The scythe is also capable of hitting multiple opponents at once.
The special ability of the Rusted Coin Scythe is titled 'Siphon Spin', which, upon activation, results in the players charging towards their opponents in a spinning motion, hitting any opponents caught within the range. This ability can damage targets twice with a starting spin and a finishing spin, each spin dealing half of the weapon's base damage (+50% melee bonus). Any damage inflicted on the opponents will trigger the life-steal properties of the scythe's special ability, restoring 20 HP for each target hit. For example, if siphoning spin hit 3 monsters it can restore 3 times the HP (60) for each spin. The heal amount is fixed and cannot be increased by having more damage bonuses. The special ability's cooldown lasts for 6 seconds before it can be used again.
- Like most items in-game, it can be acquired from the Otherworld Tower dungeon as a possible reward.
- It is considered to be a reliable melee weapon as its special ability, Siphon Spin, enables the player to perform a life-steal effect, similar to that of a Darktoad Spellbook. This enables the players to drain the opponent's HP and restores the player's HP for a certain amount of stolen HP.
- It has similar attack speeds to that of a Zodsword.
- The base damage of the scythe was buffed to 420 damage in the v1.31 Balance Update.