- Alias: Primeval Genie, Shlashk
The Primeval Genie is a hostile spiritual-like entity that can be found in only two locations of the Frontier, specifically The Pits and The Maze Wood. It is described as an unusual-looking genie taking on the appearance of a frog with yellow eyes.
It is possible to see a variation of the Primeval Genie in the Otherworld Tower, dubbed as the 'Corrupted Genie', appearing on the 14th floor, Fear the Genie, serving as an obstacle as the players progress through the dungeon.
There are four attacks that the Primeval Genie can perform:
- Beams - Shoots out three beams of white energies at the player's current position.
- Slam - Slams down on the player with its claws.
- Spin - Spins around in an attempt to hit the player in the process. This attacked is only performed if the player is near its melee range.
- Swipes - Swipes at the players with its claws.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Primeval Genie. Any claims of "missing items" that the Primeval Genie could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Genie's Rings
- 5% chance for Ratdog Tooth
- 5% chance for Troll Tooth
- 2% chance for Strangeman's Shell
- 0.1% chance for Extinction Bank
- 0.1% chance for Minion
- 0.1% chance for Springtwig Eye
- 0.1% chance for The Object From Earth
Like the Mud Genie, the Primeval Genie is immobile and can only rotate from its position. Use this to your advantage - a Magic or Ranged user can easily demolish its health from afar without getting hit at all.
A melee user has to be more careful when dealing with a Primeval Genie. Dodge and hide from the Genie's beam attacks, despite the fact that these are incredibly hard to avoid. When within melee range, keep hitting the Genie and backing away to avoid the claw attacks until it dies.
- It is often compared to the Mud Genie.
- It has a variation that appears in the Otherworld Tower, dubbed as the 'Corrupted Genie' as one of the two official nicknames given by the developers, the other one being the 'Otherworld Genie.'
- Before the Otherworld Update, it could only be found in The Pits.
- After the introduction of the Otherworld Update, it is now possible to find it in The Maze Wood.
- During development, it was initially called a "Shlashk" before it was later renamed to the Primeval Genie.
- The Corrupted Genie was jokingly named "Brian."