Pitfall Events are small events that can occur in the Nightmare after the release of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update. It is a randomly-appearing event that can rarely appear throughout the Nightmare, in specific zones of the Nightmare, such as the Maze of the Root and The Mansion. These events can be accessed after being lured by the 'gravitational force' of the pulsing pitfall orb.
List of Locations
The Pitfall Orbs can be found in several spots throughout the Nightmare that include the following:
- In the first-riddle room of the Inside.
- Anywhere in the Maze of the Root.
- In the hallways of The Back Area.
- Anywhere in The Hidden Library.
- On the second floor of The Mansion in a room near the Yellow Door.
- In the first door on the right wall of The Mansion when first entered from The Deli.
- In the abandoned halls of The Old Mansion.
- Anywhere in The Supermarket.
- In the backstage of The Theatre.
- Anywhere in the Fish Hall.
List of Possible Scenarios
The Pitfall Orbs can direct the players to different battle scenarios and/or event instances that can vary for each player. These include but are not limited to:
- Corrupted Onyx Knight fight
- Dark Ghost fight
- Dark Snibber fight
- Doll fight
- Industry Giant fight
- Monstrosity fight
- Red Wolf fight
- Two-Eyed Monstrosity fight
- The Pitfall Orb looks and acts similar to that of the Strangeman's Orb in the Frontier.
- The Pitfall Orb will produce a pulsing noise that can be heard by nearby players. It can also be detected after players are being dragged somewhere by an unknown force.
- The Pitfall Orb's special events include the Democan fight and the Power Lamp Surgery scenario.