- Alias: Parasite, Rabbit Hole Lake Boss, Jabberwalker
The Parasite is a large parasitic-like creature that takes on the appearance of a Forest Walker with no visible legs. It is exclusive to the Rabbit Hole, serving as a boss that the players can defeat at night.
Note: All other information is found in the Infobox.
- There are three attacks the Parasite can perform:
- Beam - Deals moderately low damage and somewhat difficult to dodge, as contrasted to the beam of the Magma Brain. Its beam will travel instantaneously and have a very high range.
- Lunging Mandibles - If the player were to get close, the Parasite will lunge its main mandible (head) towards the player, similar to that of the Walker creatures. After using this attack, it will experience a movement cooldown of ~4 seconds.
- Toxic Cloud: Should a player be within its melee range, the Parasite will release a cloud of toxins that quickly drains the player's HP. The cloud will linger/persist for 7-10 seconds.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Parasite. Any claims of "missing items" that the Parasite could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Site Exposed
- 75% chance for 1-3 Rich Man's Delights
- 50% chance for 1-2 Rich Man's Delights
- 15% chance for Baltimore Worm
- 15% chance for Onyx Ore (x4)
- 7% chance for Thinker's Box
- 3% chance for Topshelf Dragonfish
- 2% chance for Plain Fishmask
- 1% chance for Tall Anthony
It is advised to fight the Parasite with a group of players due to its hard-hitting attacks and large amounts of hit points. It should also be noted that the boss only appears during the night and despawns at dawn, giving a limited amount of time to defeat it. High DPS (Damage Per Second) is recommended while fighting this boss to ensure that it is slain in time. Circling around the boss to the right might help, keeping distance, and making sure that positioning oneself too far or too close could result in severe injuries or, likely, death.
- It was introduced in the 1.10 Update, also known as the Fishing Update.
- As nighttime looms over the Frontier, the Parasite will make its appearance in the Rabbit Hole's waters. It will despawn in daylight.
- The developers referred this creature as the "Rabbit Hole Lake Boss."
- It is the only mob that drops an exclusive armor piece known as the Plain Fishmask as of the 1.10 (Fishing) Update.