The Old Tin Toy is one of the first NPCs adventurers will come across in the Nightmare. Old Tin Toy is first encountered after adventurers embarks their journey into the Nightmare, where they will be taken into a cutscene with Old Tin Toy explaining that the Journeyman is planning something horrific that threatens the safety of the adventurers. After Old Tin Toy finishes his warning, he disappears to someplace else in the Nightmare.
Old Tin Toy later reappears in the room behind The Vault, giving out his speech regarding the adventurer's progression into the Nightmare. Like the first encounter, Old Tin Toy will disappear to someplace else after he finish giving his speech to the adventurers and does not make any other appearances after the final encounter.
List of Dialogues
Dialogues quoted by Old Tin Toy at the spawn-point of the Nightmare.
- "I was quite worried you wouldn't show, but here you are."
- "I am so pleased we have crossed paths."
- "You see...I am in incredible need of help. My friend has gone missing."
- "He is a very important friend, but I am very worried he's up to no good..."
- "His name is the Journeyman. Please, you must find him."
- "If you think my appearance is odd or untrustworthy, I don't blame you! But hear this- The Journeyman's secret and disappearance is twice as dishonest! He is far more devious than the likes of me or you!"
- "Please! Nothing could be more important! Find the Journeyman!"
- "I tricked you...! That's right...! Oh- what a horrid thing!"
- "I'm smiling! I'm smiling because I finally tricked you... And him! I tricked you both! I tricked the Journeyman!"
- "All you did was make this massive horrible hole! The Nightmare's power! It hasn't lessened at all- It's been growing!"
- "And what can you do? Ha! What can you do I said!? There's nothing here! Just a massive hole! And a locked door!"
- "Locked for all of time! The Nightmare's power is growing behind a door you may never open! Leave, leave and remember!"
- "But when time has taken you, and you have forgotten me..."
- "My Nightmare will be yours!"
- It is unknown if the Old Tin Toy will reappear in a later update after the release of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update.
- Once The Vault is unlocked and Old Tin Toy's final encounter cutscene is finished, Old Tin Toy will reward you with the Nightmare Visage, required to complete the Itempedia of the Nightmare.
- After Old Tin Toy is first talked with, his model will be teleported to somewhere beneath the first room of the Nightmare, although it is impossible to interact with him.