- Alias: Possessed Lantern, Lantern of the Nightmare, Ghost Lantern
The Nightmare Lantern is a hostile 'mutated' lantern that can be found in The Nightmare. It looks similar to the Red Lanterns and Blue Lanterns of the Frontier, except it possesses long eyebrows, orange eyes, excessive smoke coming out of its head, and a skull-shaped face.
They are commonly found in The Grand Hall, The Mansion, and The Theatre, although it is possible for the mob to appear elsewhere. Although it is rather hard to see, the Lantern Foreman operates the mob in its inner mechanisms.
There is only one known attack that the Nightmare Lantern can perform:
- Fireball - Spits out a ball of fire at the player's current position.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Nightmare Lantern. Any claims of "missing items" that the Nightmare Lantern could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Lantern Foreman
- 90% chance for Lantern Mechanism
- 5% chance for 4 more
- 5% chance for Crumbling Root
- 1% chance for another
- 1% chance for Mansion Key
- 0.69% chance for Theatre Key
Players are simply advised to react quickly as soon as the mob began to spit out their fireballs. From there, they can attack the Nightmare Lantern with any weapons of their liking to quickly eliminate the mobs. Players can also lure the mobs into props, objects, etc. to prevent it from using their abilities.