- Alias: Ant, Gangly Spider, Nightmare Ant
The Mansion Ant is a pesty insect that is common in The Nightmare, especially in places such as The Mansion, The Old Mansion, The Grand Hall, and The Theatre. They are often seen in pairs, or in small groups as they search out for 'food'.
There are two attacks that the Mansion Ant can perform:
- Bite - Do a short lunge towards the player's current position in an attempt to bite them.
- Tackle - Do a long lunge towards the player's current position in an attempt to tackle and bite them.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Mansion Ant. Any claims of "missing items" that the Mansion Ant could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Ant Meat
- 2% chance for 1-6 Darkroots
- 1% chance for 1-2 more
- 1% chance for Mansion Key
- 0.69% chance for Theatre Key
Players can simply kill the mob efficiently and quickly by luring the Mansion Ant into props, objects, and furniture in an attempt to get it stuck. Players may also use area-affecting weapons such as the Greater Storms Spellbook to clear out large groups of Mansion Ants in one specific area.
- It is one of the few mobs in-game where the players can consume the entire mob itself (Ant Meat).
- According to its placeholder name during the development of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update, it was dubbed as the "Gangly Spider".
- It is not to be confused with the Data Mite, another small ant-like mob that was introduced in the Ratboy's Nightmare Update.