- Alias: Animated Candelabra, Candle, Candle Monster, Living Candelabra, Possessed Candelabra
The Macabre Candelabra is an animate object that's possessed by an unknown spiritual force in The Nightmare. It can be found in several locations of The Nightmare, such as The Grand Hall and The Mansion. Similar to Apple Bats, the Macabre Candelabra will begin to move and attack the players if approached.
There are two attacks that the Macabre Candelabra performs at the same time:
- Fire Blast - A blast of fire brushes harshly against the players. Typically activated if the player is near it.
- Jab - Attempts to jab the players with its candles as it levitates diagonally.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Macabre Candelabra. Any claims of "missing items" that the Macabre Candelabra could drop will be cast aside as false information.
To avoid this mob, the player should pay attention to their surroundings, making sure certain objects (like the candelabras) are not in odd positions or in places where they appear to be isolated in. This is a good way to recognize the main difference between a normal candelabra and a possessed candelabra.
Another thing to keep in mind is to direct your hits at the candles, instead of the stick. Damaging the candles will allow the players to quickly eliminate it, although hitting the candlestick itself will make it 'strong'.
- It is one of the few mobs that can easily startle players, both new and old.
- It is one of the few mobs players will farm for since they drop the Guttermouth Key.
- When the Macabre Candelabra is trying to stay still and blend in with its environment, it will have an increased amount of armor points, causing it to take less damage from the player until it is provoked into attacking.