The Kotono is one of the many weapons that can be acquired in the Frontier. It can be purchased from Reus the Smith in Topple Town at a price of 770,000 gold. Other viable methods of acquiring the Kotono include but are not limited to:
- A possible reward from the Firefly Quest.
- A possible gift from the Otherworld Present.
- A possible reward from the Treasure Chest.
The Kotono is described as a katana with an extremely sharp-curved blade forged by expert blacksmiths. The blade appears to be made out of steel, while the grip and handle are supposedly made out of hardened bronze.
The normal attack of the Kotono consumes around 2-3 stamina points per swing. The delay of each swing lasts around 1.5 seconds before another swing can be performed.
The special ability of the Kotono is titled 'Cleave Strike', which, upon activation, is nearly identical to its normal attack. However, the player attempts to cleave the opponent in half in a very quick manner. The cooldown of the special ability lasts for 4 seconds before it can be used again, enabling the players to quickly cleave their opponents at a very quick and rapid pace.
- The Kotono is designed to quickly slash their opponents, making it a reliable tool for melee users who prefers to use the special ability of the Kotono to their advantage.
- The Kotono is essentially a parody of the word 'Katana'.
- During the Balance Update [v1.31], the Kotono's base damage was increased from 170 to 212 points.