The Hook Scythe is one of the many weapons that can be acquired in the Frontier. The Hook Scythe can be purchased from Reus the Smith in Topple Town at a price of 290,000 gold. Other viable methods of acquiring the Hook Scythe include:
- Completing the entire quest chain of the Farm Fortress Defense Quest.
- Killing a Whapper as a possible rare drop.
In appearance, it is an olden hooked scythe that was modified for use in combat, as implied by its description. The scythe appears to be made out of bronze, iron, and other metal scraps.
The Hook Scythe is considered to be a reliable weapon for players in the early and mid-stages of progression as it can quickly hit mobs at a fast pace, consuming 2-3 stamina points for each hit.
The special ability of the Hook Scythe is titled 'Double Spin', which, upon activation, makes the players spin around twice in a single direction that the player desires, hitting anything that is caught within the range of the spin-based attack. The special ability's cooldown is 8 seconds, supporting the community's opinions of its reliability.
- The Hook Scythe was initially known as the "Hooked Scythe" before it was changed in later patches (Pre-Otherworld Update).
- The most popular way of getting the weapon is to complete the Farm Fortress Defense Quest. The reason why it's popular is because it's a free weapon obtainable from a quest that can be done in under a day or two.
- During the Balance Update [v1.31], the Hook Scythe's base damage was increased from 95 to 118 points.