In appearance, the Honoring Blade is a fabulous greatsword wrought from gold, wire, and magma. It's impressively hard to describe, so it's best to let the weapon's performance speak for it instead.
As the Honoring Blade is a greatsword, it is quite heavy and attacks slowly, with each swing consuming 4 stamina. Though it is only able to perform one attack per second, each swing is performed in a wide arc making it capable of hitting multiple enemies in an area.
The special ability of the Honoring Blade is titled 'Magma Scorch', which, upon activation, spends 4 stamina and performs a spinning melee attack which hits all enemies around the player. While the spin is performed, a patch of molten lava surfaces at the player's feet, dealing 300 damage per second to enemies standing on it for a total of 3000 to enemies who stand in the lava for its entire duration. The lava's damage is not affected by melee bonuses and instead receives 20% of magic bonuses. After 10 seconds have passed, the lava will recede into the ground. The special ability's cooldown lasts for 28 seconds before it can be used again.
- The original image file's name calls it the Sword of Justice.
- It is one of the first items to receive a black-purplish hue as its outline upon the arrival of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update, the other item being the Circus Watch.
- Its special ability is nearly identical to the ones that the Democan uses.
- As of the v1.31 Balance Update, the base damage of the sword is now 550 (previously 440).
- The Honoring Blade's special has the longest cooldown of any special currently in the game.