The Greater Storms Spellbook is one of the many weapons that can be acquired in the Frontier. It can be purchased from the Otherworldly Weaponsmith in The Town of Right and Wrong at a price of 3,400,000 gold.
In appearance, the Greater Storms Spellbook is a brown leather tome containing the powers of the Greater Storms that are used to cast lightning spells. The artwork found at the center of the tome depicts a tempest (eye) surrounded by crackling lightning and clouds of thunder.
Unlike other spellbooks, its attack is not a long-ranged attack, making it completely different from the others. Instead, the spellbook produces an electric current in front of the caster's hands; the attack is narrow and is short-ranged.
The base damage for the short-range attack is 100, with a cost of 1-2 stamina, and the left-click magic bonus received is 87.5%. It can cast 10 electric currents in as little as 6 seconds, giving it a "rate of fire" of roughly 100 attacks per minute, and it is capable of hitting multiple targets with each attack, essentially giving it the highest DPS out of every magic weapon in the game.
When using the basic attack (holding LMB), the player is not slowed down and remains at full speed. This helps the players as they are evading from opponents as this is a weapon centered on its close-ranged attacks.
The special ability of the Greater Storms Spellbook is titled 'Smite', which, upon activation, spends 4 stamina, causes the player to stand still for 2 seconds as they charge a bolt of lightning, striking directly where the player is targeting. It deals 700 damage, receives 300% of magic bonuses, and can be aimed at long distances, right up to the point where fog starts appearing (for players with no sight range bonuses). The special ability's cooldown lasts for 22 seconds (beginning after Smite finishes casting) before it can be used again.
The Greater Storms Spellbook has top tier DPS and short range attacks with aoe. The special ability however has amazing range. This spellbook is recommended for its powerful ability and aoe control.
- Before the 0.914 Update, the item's original price was 3,200,000 gold before it was changed to 3,400,000 on July 26, 2017.
- It is possible for players to kill themselves with Smite in Frigid Waste (PvP) and/or other PvP zones.
- The Greater Storms Spellbook is considered to be one of the best weapons for mages to use in the Otherworld Tower as the floors are quite small and unlike the other spellbooks, the spellbook does not reduce the player's speed whilst attacking which makes it easier to evade the opponents' attacks.
- The Greater Storms Spellbook can pierce which helps with hordes of enemies such as floors 4, 21, 26, 31, 38, 40, and 42.
- During the Balance Update [v1.31], the Greater Storms Spellbook's basic attack bonus was increased from 80% to 87.5%, and its special attack bonus was increased from 250% to 300%.