The Great Pine Forest is a massive, forested area that can be found in the Frontier. As its name implies, its biome resembles that of a pine forest, sometimes known as an evergreen forest to others. It is considered to be one of the massive map areas that players can explore as it has two sides bordering different map areas depending on where the players are located at.
Great Pine Forest has some unique landmarks such as Looney Lenny the Hedgeknight's Tent, Mining Area, and it's very own Thistle Lake.
As expected of such a large forest the Great Pine Forest has a large collection of birds such as Beachbird, Blackbird, Brownbird, Cloudbird, Clownbird, Glow Bird, Linter, Looters Bird, Moneybird, Potatobird, Rednal, and the Spirit Bird.
Many harvestables can be found scattered across Great Pine Forest such as Bobber Mushroom, Boomba Mushroom, Brain Mushroom, Elephant Mushroom, Fife Flower, Flatty Mushroom, Gorbacabbage, Lakethistle, Lool Flower, Pearl Flower, Plumbo Flower, Spurtle Mushroom, Strangeman's Flower, and lastly the Traveler Plant.
Fishes that can be caught in Great Pine Forest's Thistle Lake include Algae Worm, Bass, Centennial Catfish, Enemy Reefdweller, Fish Of Rage, Lake Gooble, Ogrefish, Ore Dragonfish, Proudfish, The Fish That Traveled Through Time, and the Topshelf Dragonfish.
Mobs that can be found in Great Pine Forest include Bandit, Blackrock Giant, Blueman, Blueman's Chieftain, Brown Bear, Croc Man, Dark Snibber, Deer, Esteemed Gumbo, Forest Walker, Ghost, Grey Rabbit, Hammer Knight, Inspector, Lava Munsk, Monstrosity, Mushroom Head, Ogre, Otherworldly Dollhunter, Otherworldly Knight, Pine Giant, Red Croc Man, Red Ogre, Tall Bear, and lastly Two-Eyed Monstrosity.
Overall, Great Pine Forest is a popular place to partake in a variety of activities that the zone offers, such as:
- A popular, common spot of the Otherworldly Knight.
- A mining hub if the players venture to the mining area.
- A popular hub to kill mobs that drop large numbers of loot that players can sell to a selling vendor. (Otherworldly Dollhunter, Lava Munsk, Red Croc Man, etc.)
- A fishing spot (Thistle Lake).
- Before the introduction of the Otherworld Update, the Great Pine Forest was the natural domain of the Pine Giant.
- People have a difficult time finding Thistle Lake, despite being told where it is by other players that had explored the map area.
- An easter egg can be found in the forest, dubbed as the "Dennis Reynolds Cardboard Cutout". This is a reference to the character from 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'.
- The Thistle Lake has an average reel waiting time of 15.5 seconds (~4 with Captain's Fishing Rod).