The Great Pine Forest is a massive, forested area that can be found in the Frontier. As its name implies, its biome resembles that of a pine forest, sometimes known as an evergreen forest to others. It is considered to be one of the massive map areas that players can explore as it has two sides bordering different map areas depending on where the players are located at.
The lands border various map areas of the Frontier that includes but not limited to:
- Abandoned Orchard
- Ancient Forest
- Blackrock Mountain
- Petrified Grassland
- Rubble Spring
- The Forgotten Lands
- The Pits
- Twinkling Meadow
There are three landmarks that are considered to be important:
- Looney Lenny the Hedgeknight's Tent - The tent can be found in the middle of the pine forest, specifically on the side where it borders the Twinkling Meadow, Blackrock Mountain, Abandoned Orchard, and The Forgotten Lands. Players can enter the tent to encounter Looney Lenny the Hedgeknight, an NPC that sells Hedge Knight's armor pieces, as well as crossbow bolts and a Featherblade.
- Mining Area - Also found on the same side where the tent can be found at, the mining area can be seen near the stone crevice passageway, closest to the Ancient Forest. It serves as a mining area where beginner players can venture in order to mine ores.
- Thistle Lake - Thistle Lake can be found in the cornering borders of The Pits, Ancient Forest, and Great Pine Forest, particularly on the sides that borders Rubble Spring. The lake is the only place where players can collect Lakethistles and is considered to be one of the 'hardest' areas to find as guides fail to direct the players to their destination.
Overall, Great Pine Forest is a popular place to partake in a variety of activities that the zone offers, such as:
- A popular, common spot of the Otherworldly Knight.
- A mining hub if the players venture to the mining area.
- A popular hub to kill mobs that drop large numbers of loot that players can sell to a selling vendor. (Otherworldly Dollhunter, Lava Munsk, Red Croc Man, etc.)
- A fishing spot (Thistle Lake).
- Before the introduction of the Otherworld Update, the Great Pine Forest was the natural domain of the Pine Giant.
- People have a difficult time finding Thistle Lake, despite being told where it is by other players that had explored the map area.
- An easter egg can be found in the forest, dubbed as the "Dennis Reynolds Cardboard Cutout". This is a reference to the character from 'It's a Sunny Day In Philadelphia'.