Gardening is one of the many features introduced during the Ratboy's Nightmare Update. It is a small feature that players can participate in, engaging in the cultivation and harvesting of up to 8 crops and plants located in the Frontier as of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update (v1.2a).
Gardening can also be seen in The Nightmare, a realm that players can explore in the Ratboy's Nightmare Update. Plots can be seen in certain rooms after unlocking certain doors. These plots, along with the seed vendors and their seed supplies will be quite different from the ones in the Frontier. These could either be purchased from the Green Golem or the Noble Blue Flower.
Seeds are collectibles that can be bought from Mr. Sims, a seed vendor in the open market of Topple Hill. These seeds can be planted in respective plots of land containing 4 available plots. There are 20 plots in total, four plots in Topple Hill, in the market (very close to Mr. Sims) four plots in The Town of Right and Wrong, eight plots in Farm Fortress, and four plots in the Abandoned Orchard.
There are three different tiers of seeds:
- Tier 1 - Fairly inexpensive, and grows plants that could previously only be obtained before the initial release of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update. An example of a Tier 1 plant is the Beet'zos.
- Tier 2 - Somewhat rare to see in Mr. Sims' Seed Supply, 'average' prices, and plants will take a considerable amount of time to grow. An example of a Tier 2 plant is the Fantastic Sunflowers.
- Tier 3 - Very expensive, and grow plants that are very rare and takes anywhere between a few hours and several real-life days to grow. These usually yield crops that will sell for a total value considerably more than the cost of the seeds. An example of a Tier 3 plant is the Gift Trees.
Types of Seeds
The following seeds are obtainable, some with varying prices:
- If the seed is labeled with a 'fixed' price, the seed can only be purchased at a very specific price that will never change throughout servers.
- If the seed is labeled with a 'variable' price, the seed can be purchased at randomly-selected prices that are different on each server.
|Name||Image(s)||Description||Yield||Time||Price (Fixed/Variable)||Price/Price Range|
|Beet'zo Seeds||"Seeds used to grow the beet'zo plant."||5||30 min.||Variable||290-380|
|Giant's Corn Seeds||"Seeds used to grow the giant's corn plant."||3-6||30 min.||Variable||800-1,200|
|Fantastic Sunflower Seeds||"Seeds used to grow the Fantastic Sunflowers."||2-5||8 hr.||Variable||6,000-10,000|
|Mandrake Seed||"Seed used to grow a mandrake. The lively root grown from this plant extends deep into the earth and is said to have a mind of its own."||12 hr.||???|
|Nightmare Seed||"Seeds used to grow a Nightmare Plant. Those who find a Nightmare Seed under their pillow upon waking may have had a nightmare forgotten in the night."||?||12 hr.||Variable||9,000-15,000|
|Divine Grape Seeds||"Seeds used to grow Divine Grapes."||3-8||24 hr.||Variable||25,000-35,000|
|Noble Blue Seed||1||2 hr.||Variable||90,000-110,000|
|Gift Tree Seeds||"Seed used to grow a Gift Tree."||2-5||72 hr.||Variable||