The Darkroot is one of the many monster drops that can be acquired in the Frontier. Viable methods of acquiring the Darkroot include the following:
- A possible drop from the Bandit.
- A possible drop from the Dark Snibber.
- An 'uncommon' drop from the Mansion Ant.
- A possible reward from the Firefly Quest.
- A possible reward from the Otherworld Tower.
As its description implies, the Darkroot is a gloomy-looking root of an unknown plant that thrives in the Frontier. Other than that, not much can be said about its overall appearance.
The Darkroot can be consumed by the players, restoring 25 HP back to their health pools. In addition, it also provides 25 additional melee damage points that last for 10 seconds before expiring. Other than that, the Darkroot does not have any apparent usages and can be sold to a selling vendor at a selling price of 2,800 gold.
- It is one of the few consumables that applies a hidden effect on the players once consumed.
- Despite being a plant, it is listed in the monster section of the Itempedia.