- Alias: Dark Ghost, Nightmare Ghost, Dark Floating Head
The Dark Ghost is a hostile spiritual entity that can be found in various locations of the Frontier, commonly seen in The Pits and The Deep Forest. It is described as a floating head corrupted by nightmarish energies.
It also makes an appearance on the 39th floor of the Otherworld Tower, CRAM THESE GHOSTS INSIDE MY HEAD!, serving as main obstacles as the players progress through the dungeon.
There are four attacks that the Dark Ghost can perform:
- Twirl - Spins in place, attempting to damage players touching it.
- Close Combat - If the player were to be close to it, the Dark Ghost will dive towards the players in an attempt to hit them with their body via thrusting.
- Circulating Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a loop above them as they return to its last position.
- Leftmost Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a left turn as it returns to its last position.
- Rightmost Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a right turn as it returns to its last position.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Dark Ghost. Any claims of "missing items" that the Dark Ghost could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Ghostly Chunk
- 25% chance for another
- 90% chance for Pepperoni
- 70% chance for another
- 50% chance for another
- 20% chance for another
- 1% chance for another
- 11% chance for Spring Hat
- 5% chance for Dark Ghost Mask
- 0.1% chance for Rusted Coin Scythe
- According to the developers, it was originally known as the Nightmare Ghost and was later changed to Dark Floating Head.
- It has a weaker counterpart simply known as the Ghost.
- Its drop, the Pepperonis, is a reference to a scene in Ghostbusters where the ghost exploded with pepperoni slices.
- Like all ghosts, it is nighttime exclusive, meaning it can only spawn at night and despawns once day arrives.