- Alias: Dark Ghost, Nightmare Ghost, Dark Floating Head
The Dark Ghost is a hostile spiritual entity that can be found in various locations of the Frontier, commonly seen in The Pits and The Deep Forest. It is described as a floating head corrupted by nightmarish energies.
It also makes an appearance on the 39th floor of the Otherworld Tower, CRAM THESE GHOSTS INSIDE MY HEAD!, serving as main obstacles as the players progress through the dungeon.
There are four attacks that the Dark Ghost can perform:
- Close Combat - If the player were to be close to it, the Dark Ghost will dive towards the players in an attempt to hit them with their body or limbs via thrusting.
- Circulating Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a loop above them as they return to its last position.
- Leftmost Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a left turn as it returns to its last position.
- Rightmost Charge - Charges towards the players in front of them and then making a right turn as it returns to its last position.
- According to the developers, it was originally known as the Nightmare Ghost and was later changed to Dark Floating Head.
- It has a weaker counterpart simply known as the Ghost.
- Its drop, the Pepperonis, is a reference to a scene in Ghostbusters where the ghost exploded with pepperoni slices.