- Alias: Corrupted Wizard, Bandit Spider, Spider, Shakira
The Corrupted Wizard is a giant spider that resides in The Spider's Nest, located in Blackrock Mountain. It can be seen crawling on the nest's floor, waiting for anyone on the upper platform to fall down.
If the players are having troubles finding The Spider's Nest, they should use the Map of Fantastic Frontier as an advantage. If they cannot seem to pinpoint its location, the players should head to the peak of Blackrock Mountain and look around it for a cave entrance.
There are four attacks that the Corrupted Wizard can perform:
- Devour - Attempts to devour the players in one swing.
- Magic Projectile - Shoots out two projectiles of magic aimed at the current positions of the players.
- Nibble - Attempts to nibble the players with its mouth at a quick pace.
- Slam - If the player is under its body, it will body slam the players in an attempt to crush them.
It is advised for the players to use Mushroom Parasol, flight equipment, and/or jump-boosting as an advantage to defeat the boss. There are two popular methods to defeat the Corrupted Wizard. The first method is by using the "Head Baiter" method, standing on the head while attacking the boss from above. However, melee users would have a disadvantage. The second method is by using the terrain as a way to distance themselves from the Corrupted Wizard, particularly the rock walls that they can climb on.
- The Corrupted Wizard is one of the only mob that has a defense mechanism.
- If the player is standing on its head, it will jump backward, attempting to make the player falls off.
- It is theorized that the Corrupted Wizard was once a human wizard.
- It drops Magma Brain Chunks in order to reference its hotheadedness. It is also a possible reference to how the Corrupted Wizard was once a pyromancer.
- It is known for its famous drops, the Spider Stilts and the Corrupted Wizard's Helmet.
- It takes approximately 3 minutes and 20 seconds for the Corrupted Wizard to spawn as of the 1.10 (Fishing) Update.