- Alias: Corrupt Onyx Knight, Nightmare Knight
The Corrupted Onyx Knight is a hostile humanoid in an onyx knight's armor, corrupted by the influences of The Nightmare. They are frequently seen in The Grand Hall and The Theatre, as well as appearing earlier in The Nightmare's zones, such as The Mansion and The Old Mansion.
There are five known attacks that the Corrupted Onyx Knight can perform:
- Jab - Jabs the players with its glowing rapier.
- Slash - Slashes the players with its glowing rapier.
- Teleporting Spin - The Corrupted Onyx Knight will spin around in a circular manner before teleporting to the player's current location in an attempt to stab them.
- Threefold Advance - Similar to the Great Scimitar's special ability, the Corrupted Onyx Knight will perform a continuous melee technique where the rapier will go in three different directions as the knight swings its rapier around.
- Dark Charge - Similar to the Corrupted Rapier's special ability, the Corrupted Onyx Knight will charge towards the players with its rapier in an attempt to hit them as it continues to follow the player's footsteps.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Corrupted Onyx Knight. Any claims of "missing items" that the Corrupted Onyx Knight could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Corrupt Stone
- 50% chance for 1 more
- 25% chance for 1 more
- 1% chance for 1 more
- 2% chance for Theatre Key
- 1% chance for Black Antlers
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Onyx Helmet
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Onyx Platebody
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Onyx Platelegs
If possible, players should use their environments to their advantages, luring the onyx knight to a place where they will be trapped and/or blocked by debris, objects, and props. Players can also stand on higher platforms and supports to avoid contact with the Corrupted Onyx Knight's melee attacks.
- The Corrupted Onyx Knight is not to be confused with the Ancient Onyx Knight of the Frontier.
- It is possible to look identical to the mob itself by wearing the full set of the Corrupted Onyx armor set.
- Despite being the Corrupted Onyx Knight (onyx being the highest tiered ore in the Frontier as of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update), it is weaker than the Corrupted Gold Knight.
- The weapon it wields isn't a Corrupted Rapier, although they do share strikingly similar resemblances.