- Alias: Corrupt Gold Knight, Corrupted Golden Knight
The Corrupted Gold Knight is a hostile humanoid in a gold knight's armor, corrupted by the influences of The Nightmare. They are often seen on The Road and the End of the Road, although they can be found in other places discovered earlier on in a player's adventure, such as The Grand Hall and The Theatre.
There are five known attacks that the Corrupted Gold Knight can perform:
- Jab - Jabs the players with its crimson rapier.
- Slash - Slashes the players with its crimson rapier.
- Teleporting Spin - The Corrupted Gold Knight will spin around in a circular manner before teleporting to the player's current location in an attempt to stab them.
- Threefold Advance - Similar to the Great Scimitar's special ability, the Corrupted Gold Knight will perform a continuous melee technique where the rapier will go in three different directions as the knight swings its rapier around.
- Dark Charge - Similar to the Corrupted Rapier's special ability, the Corrupted Gold Knight will charge towards the players with its rapier in an attempt to hit them as it continues to follow the player's footsteps.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Corrupted Gold Knight. Any claims of "missing items" that the Corrupted Gold Knight could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Corrupt Stone
- 100% chance for 1 more
- 50% chance for 1 more
- 50% chance for 1 more
- 25% chance for 1 more
- 2% chance for Ancient Key
- 2% chance for Gold Antlers
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Gold Helmet
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Gold Platebody
- 0.2% chance for Corrupted Gold Platelegs
If possible, players should use their environments to their advantages, luring the gold knight to a place where they will be trapped and/or blocked by debris, objects, and props. Players can also stand on higher platforms and supports to avoid contact with the Corrupted Gold Knight's melee attacks.
- The Corrupted Gold Knight is considered to be a rare variant of the Corrupted Onyx Knight.
- It is possible to look nearly identical to the mob itself by wearing the full set of the Corrupted Gold armor set.
- Despite being the Corrupted Gold Knight (gold being the second-highest tiered ore in the Frontier as of the Ratboy's Nightmare Update), it is stronger than the Corrupted Onyx Knight.