- Alias: Aggravated Bee, Spiker 2.0, Terminator Bee
The Boomers are small, hostile, and essentially, "living-bombs" made out of mechanical plastic cores; formed by violence that had manifested into a physical form in The Nightmare. They are typically found anywhere in The Nightmare, although are mainly seen in later, end-game zones, such as the End of the Road.
There is only one known attack that the Boomer can perform:
- Self-Destruct - Once a player is within a certain proximity, the Boomer produces a beeping noise and activates its self-destruct mode, exploding upon contact with the said player and inflicting huge damage to the victim and nearby players. This attack will instantly kill most players with insufficient defences.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Boomer. Any claims of "missing items" that the Boomer could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Bad Dust
- 50% chance for Boomer Core
- 5% chance for another
- 2% chance for Guttermouth Key
- 1% chance for Ancient Key
The players should be cautious as they venture to places where a Boomer can be found in, especially in very dark areas, such as The End of the Road. Similar to the Spikers, players can detect a Boomer if they hear a radio signal-like noise being emitted, however, this prevents the players to react in time as the Boomer will quickly explode, attempting to kill the players in one go.
Another way to avoid the Boomer is by staying away as far as possible and slaying it with the usage of ranged/magic weapons. Players should also keep in mind to wait for the Boomer to die, in order to assure that they won't be harmed by the aftermath of its explosion.
- Boomers are one of the most notorious monsters in the community.
- It is not recommended to use a melee weapon against Boomers as they will explode before the player can kill them.
- Their explosion will also yield no loot if they use it.
- Boomers hold the title for doing the most single attack damage in the game as of The Ratboy's Nightmare Update.
- Boomers and Spikers are often mistaken to be counterparts. However, this is false due to the nature of their abilities. They are similar in many aspects but are not a variant of each other.