The Boomba Mushroom is one of the many harvestables that can be found in the Frontier. They are often seen in huge clusters, although it is possible to see it in small groups or by themselves. Despite the claims the description makes, the Boomba Mushroom is quite common to find in various locations that include the following:
- Ancient Forest
- Celestial Peak
- Farm Fortress
- Great Pine Forest
- Greenhorn Grove
- Rubble Spring
- The Deep Forest
- The Forgotten Lands
- The Maze Wood
- The Pits
- Topple Hill
- Topple Town
Other viable methods of acquiring a Boomba Mushroom include the following:
- A possible reward from the Firefly Quest.
- A possible reward from the Treasure Chest.
The Boomba Mushroom is a beige-blue mushroom possessing a blue cap with red speckles, likely containing explosive elements. Its stem has an orangeish-beige hue applied to it.
It is possible for players to exchange Boomba Mushrooms for gold during Slayer's Tasks if the task card is currently active. Other than that, it can be sold to a selling vendor at a selling price of 3,000 gold.
- Like most items in-game, it can be acquired from the Otherworld Tower dungeon.
- The color of the stem is a reference to sulfur.
- A cluster of Boomba Mushrooms can be seen contained in a bin on a bookshelf in Slayer's building, located in Topple Town.
- They are quite common in The Pits, often appearing in large clusters.
- Its name originates from its explosive properties. The word Boomba contains an onomatopoeia, 'boom', referencing the sound of an explosion.
- The Boomba Mushroom can be seen in some of the magical boxes located in the library-room of The Mansion.