- Alias: Black Ant, Blackrock Ant
The Black Ant. It is described to be a medium-sized black ant with green eyes. It is seen in several locations of the Frontier, commonly seen in the areas of Ancient Forest and Blackrock Mountain. Specifically, it is found in the area where the Blackrock Giant was initially seen before the Otherworld Update and the tunnelways dug within the ridges of The Pits and Ancient Forest.
It also makes an appearance on the 8th floor of the Otherworld Tower, Antland, serving as main obstacles as the players progress through the dungeon.
There are two attacks the Black Ant can perform:
- Lunge - Lunges toward the player's current position in an attempt to pierce them with its pincers.
- Pince - Pince the player with its pincers.
The drop rates of every single collectible that can be acquired from the Black Ant. Any claims of "missing items" that the Black Ant could drop will be cast aside as false information.
- 100% chance for Red Pincers
- 100% chance for Red Ant Eyes
- 50% chance for Common Gupper
- 45% chance for another
- 10% chance for Beachbird Feather
- 10% chance for Treasure Rags
- 1% chance for Emerald
- Despite having green eyes, it is possible to acquire Red Ant Eyes from this particular mob.
- Despite having black pincers, it is possible to acquire Red Pincers from this particular mob.
- It is the only ant as of the 1.10 (Fishing) Update with two eyes, rather than having more than 2 eyes.
- It is typically native to the lands of Blackrock Mountain and Ancient Forest.
- Unexpectedly, it is possible to acquire a Traveling Human Element from the Black Ant at very low chances.